The 170 series of sample process filters offers a unique solution for today’s compact sample conditioning systems. The 170 is designed to sit inverted (upside down) or horizontally with all the connections (inlet/out, drain, and/or by-pass) in the head. No connections need to be broken to service the filter element.
Another added feature in this design is the hollow tie rod on the outlet side. This path forces the filtered stream to the highest point within the vessel, which reduces liquid and solid carryover during system start-ups or upsets. As always a wide variety of elements and materials are available.
- Compact Footprint Provides Versatile Installation
- Break No Connections When Servicing Filter Element
- Low Internal Volume For Quick Response Time
- Hollow Tie Rod Provides Added Protection To Carry-Over Problems During System Start-Ups
- Ideal For Compact Analyzer Cabinets
- Pre-Filter For Guardian Membranes
- Multi-Port Sample Analyzers
|Housing Model||170 (Four Port)|
|Port Size (NPT)||1/4"|
|Drain / By-Pass||1/4"|
|Maximum Pressure (psig)||1500|
|Internal Volume (cc)||42|
|Maximum Temp. -Buna-N (250ºF)||BN170|
|Maximum Temp. -EPDM (300ºF)||GE170|
|Maximum Temp. -Viton (400ºF) (Standard)||GV170|
|Maximum Temp. -Silicone (450ºF)||GS170|
|Maximum Temp. -Kalrez (600ºF)||KZ170|
|Weight of Housing (lbs)||1.50|
|Principle Dimensions: (inches)|
|Center Of Port To Head||0.43|
|Element Removal Clearance||0.98|
|Filter Element Codes: (1)|
|Materials Of Construction: (2)|
|Bowls & Internals||316LSS|
|FLOW RATE IN SCFM FOR ABOVE ASSEMBLIES WITH GRADE 50C (3) or 70C (4)|
|Air Line Pressure||170 Series|
(1) Replace ‘□’ with grade required, e.g. 22-35-50C
(2) Material abbreviations, 316LSS = 316L Stainless Steel
(3) Flow rates for Grade 50C rated at 99.99% against 0.01 micron
(4) Flow rates for Grade 70C rated at 95% against 0.01 micron
At the heart of our filter products is the filter element. Choosing the correct element insures proper results for your specific application:
Disposable Microfiber Elements
Disposable Microfiber Elements are most commonly used since they offer exceptional filtration, high flows with minimal pressure drops, and excellent chemical compatibility. These are ideal for use in sample conditioning, instrumentation, CNG, and Emission/Environmental service.
- For Coalescing (liquid removal) and particle collection use our grade “C”. We recommend starting with the 70C which is rated at 95% efficient at 0.01 micron which provides outstanding filtration, at high flow rates.
- For Particle removal only use grade “K”. We recommend starting with the 70K which is rated at 95% efficient at 0.01 micron which provides outstanding filtration, at high flow rates.
- For Particulate removal above 300°F (150°C) use grade “S”.
Other Element Materials
Other element material are available, however we recommend using the coalescing element with this housing. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-311-5561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.